The EPFL and the Cyber-Defence (CYD) Campus have jointly the CYD Fellowships – A Talent Program for Cyber-Defence Research. The CYD Fellowships is a talent program for cyber-defence research. It offers master thesis, doctoral, and distinguished postdoctoral fellowships to candidates with an outstanding academic and, if applicable, professional track record.
This program is highly competitive, and the primary evaluation criterion is excellence, as measure\d by academic records and professional accomplishments. Candidates applying for a CYD fellowship are expected to have excellent grade transcripts.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): EPFL-Stanford Exchange Programme
Fellowship Type: Fully funded
Host Institution(s): Higher education institution in Switzerland
Benefits: Fully funded with Salary, research and conference funds for 4 years
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Doctoral & Post-doctoral
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
The CYD Campus is a cyber-competence center acting as an anticipation platform for identifying and assessing technologies, commercial and social cyber trends, as well as the resulting usage scenarios.
Interested researchers may apply twice a year for Doctoral and Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowships. Both new applications and resubmissions are strongly encouraged.
Cyber-threats have been accelerating due to the exponential growth of network connectivity. These new capabilities provide myriad opportunities for security hackers to wreak significant damage for commercial, political, or other gains.
CYD Fellowships are designed to promote new solutions to major challenges in the fields of security and data science by bringing together basic and applied research in cyber-defence.
- The fellowships are offered to candidates with an outstanding academic and, if applicable, professional track record
- Applicants must have excellent grade transcript
- Applicants must current be studying for masters, doctoral or Post-doctoral degree
- Applicants must be ready to conduct a research in the fields of security and data science by bringing together basic and applied research in cyber-defence.
How-to-Apply: Please, read carefully all documents available in the application toolkit to prepare your application.
- Refer here for the toolkit for Master Thesis Fellowship applications.
- Refer here for the toolkit for Doctoral and Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship applications.
- Interested researchers may apply twice a year for Doctoral and Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowships.
- Both new applications and resubmissions are strongly encouraged.