Reach Oxford Scholarships for students from low-income countries are offered to deserving students who because of financial or political constraints or because of low standard of educational facilities cannot study for a degree awarding programme in their home countries.
The applicant must be citizens of nations who receive official development assistance from the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). The offer is open to undergraduate students who have the passion for qualitative education.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Oxford
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): University of Oxford
Study level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits (below)
Nationality: International students
To be considered for the Reach Oxford Scholarships 2022, applicants must meet the underlisted requirements:
- Must have been offered admission into any of the undergraduate programmes at Oxford University
- Must possess exceptional academic results and also great leadership qualities.
- Applicants should be willing to return to their home country after the completion of their studies.
- Applicants who have not studied at an undergraduate level before will be given priority.
- Eligible Countries: Afghanistan; Albania; Algeria; Angola; Antigua and Barbuda; Argentina; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belarus; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Botswana; Brazil; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Rep.; Chad; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo, Dem. Rep.; Congo, Rep.; Cook Islands; Costa Rica; Côte d’Ivoire; Cuba; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Eswatini; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Grenada; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iran; Iraq; Jamaica; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea, Dem. People’s Rep.; Kosovo; Kyrgyz Rep.; Laos; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mexico; Micronesia, Federated States; Moldova; Mongolia; Montenegro; Montserrat; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nauru; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Niue; North Macedonia; Pakistan; Palau; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; Saint Helena; Samoa; São Tomé and Príncipe; Senegal; Serbia; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; St. Lucia; St. Vincent and Grenadines; Sudan; Suriname; Syria; Tajikistan; Tanzania; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tokelau; Tonga; Tunisia; Turkey; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uganda; Ukraine; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Venezuela; Vietnam; Wallis and Futuna; West Bank and Gaza Strip; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
Other Important Information: Applicants are to note that the duration of the scholarship is 3 or 4 years depending on the course of study.
- Applicants are to note that not all colleges are able to offer Reach Oxford Scholarships every year. Therefore, if you are offered admission by a college that is not participating in the scheme, this will not stop you from applying for and being awarded a scholarship. If your application is successful, arrangements will be made to transfer you between colleges.
- Applicants will be expected to write an annual report about their academic and social activities, and achievements at the University.
- Receipt of the award in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Applicants should be aware that competition for the scheme is very high and the University does not have additional funding for those candidates who are not offered a scholarship.
- Course fees
- Grant for living costs
- One return air fare per year
How-to-apply: Interested applicants for the Reach Oxford Scholarships 2022 are to apply for an undergraduate course at the University of Oxford through UCAS.
Applicants who have been offered admission for an undergraduate course at the University of Oxford complete the Undergraduate scholarships application form by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 9th February 2022 at 12 noon (UK time)