Applications are hereby invited suitably qualified candidates for a fully funded PhD Studentship at Aston University College of Business and Social Sciences in the United kingdom. Studentships are for full time study over three years. The competition for October 2022 entry is now open for application.
The scholarship is available for international students with outstanding academic records who wish to enroll in a PhD study program of at the University in the reference academic period
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Aston University, UK
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarship
Host Institution(s): Aston University, UK
Scholarship Worth: Full Funding + Maintenance grant UKRI rate (£15,840 p.a.)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
College of Business and Social Sciences PhD Studentship | Details
The College of Business and Social Sciences (BSS) is a multi-disciplinary research-focused College which brings together researchers in Aston Business School (ABS), Aston Law School (ALS) and the School of Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH).
- You will need to identify a supervisor who is willing in principle to supervise your project.
- Details of the research areas in the College and supervisory expertise is available via the PhD Studentships page
- You will need to make contact with this supervisor and show them your research proposal
- You will need to include the details of the supervisor who has agreed to supervise you on the application form
To be eligible for the College of Business and Social Sciences PhD Studentship (BSS), applicants must meet the following conditions:
- All candidates should hold the equivalent of a UK First or Upper Second Class Honours undergraduate degree from an approved university or higher education institution.
- Applicants must hold the equivalent of a UK Masters degree in business, management, or the social sciences (or related disciplines) from an approved university or higher education institution, with a significant research/dissertation component, having achieved an overall grade of Merit.
- While neither degree needs to be directly related to your proposed subject/topic of research, you must be able to demonstrate your ability to undertake research, at an advanced level, in this field.
- Where candidates have successfully completed a Masters degree that does not contain a significant research/dissertation component, they may be required to provide alternative evidence of their ability to undertake research at an advanced level.
- Language proficiency: For applicants who are not from majority English speaking countries, it is necessary to meet our English language requirements
How-to-Apply: The Application form is available via the College of Business and Social Sciences (BSS) PhD Studentship webpage: https://www.aston.ac.uk/bss/bss-business-and-social-sciences-studentships-phd. This is the only form you need to complete for the studentship competition.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2022