The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship under the Scholarship Award Scheme for the 2022/2023 academic session. Foreign students from eligible nationalities are invited to apply.
Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the scholarship award provides applicants with the opportunity to undertake Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degree at any one of selected institutions of higher education in Brunei Darussalam.-
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Brunei Darussalam
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Higher educational institutions in Brunei Darussalam
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Not Specified
Study Level: Undergraduate/Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
ELIGIBILITY | Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships 2022/2023
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes on the 31stJuly 2022.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
Programmes offered, entry qualifications and any further information are available from the participating institutions’ websites as follows;
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam– ubd.edu.bn
- Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan– kupu-sb.edu.bn
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali – www.unissa.edu.bn
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei– utb.edu.bn
- Politeknik Brunei– pb.edu.bn
The scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
- exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the programme;
- an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
- a monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;
- a monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;
- an annual book allowance of BND$600.00;
- accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to the country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the programme, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
- comprehensive insurance for the whole duration of the Scholarship.
How to Apply: Application forms can be downloaded from the following link: APPLICATION FORM 2022/2023.
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants are required to submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges).
- Completed application forms are to be emailed to the following address: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 15 February 2022
Visit the Official Website for Further Details