Graduate Students worldwide are invited to apply an internship opportunity at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) under the Fund Internship Program (FIP) 2022 to be hosted at the IMF headquarters in Washington, D.C – USA. Approximately 50 students from around the world are recruited for the FIP on a global basis to join us each year.
International Monetary Fund summer interns will gain an insider’s view of the member-country-focused mandate and critical international work of the IMF. You will build professional networks while you apply your research and analytical skills to help us explore questions of real importance to our member countries and to global economic stability.-
Company/Organization: International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Program Location: Washington, D.C – USA.
Program Targeted at: Graduate students
Program Duration: 10 – 12 weeks
Number of Awards: 50
IMF Fund Internship Program 2022 | DETAILS
You will work closely with an experienced IMF colleague on a current issue or research question of importance to our members. The results of your work may be presented to IMF staff at the end of your internship, and many of our interns have had their work published by the IMF (see official website for sample research topics).
For the Economic internship, you should have concentrated your studies on monetary and international economics, public finance, financial markets, economics, or a related field. In addition, you should possess strong analytical and quantitative skills and have an excellent command of written and oral English.
Students completing a PhD, you must be:
- Registered as an active student (i.e. returning to university studies after completing the internship)
- Below the age of 32 at the start of the internship
Students completing a master’s degree, you must be:
- Registered as an active student at the time of application (not yet graduated)
- Below the age of 28 at the commencement of the internship
Candidates applying to the Legal Department Internship, you must be:
- Within one to two years of completing an LLM, J.D, or equivalent advanced degree in law
- Below the age of 32 at the commencement of the internship
The IMF Fund Internship Program is a paid internship program. FIP participants receive:
- A competitive salary
- Round-trip restricted economy class air travel from their university to Washington, D.C.
- Limited medical insurance coverage.
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible candidates for the IMF Fund Internship Program 2022 should apply online at the IMF career site by the application deadline. Applicants are encouraged to provide all the required information and documents.
Application Deadline: Not specified