UNHCR Internship Programme for Students and Recent Graduates: Ready to work with UNHCR as an intern? UNHCR is looking for talented, motivated and passionate individuals – like you – from around the world who bring knowledge, innovative thinking and different ideas to enhance our capacity to serve people of concern to the organization.
UNHCR’s Internship Programme offers eligible students and recent graduates the opportunity to gain experience in the humanitarian sector in an international environment, in line with their academic programme or future work in a field related to UNHCR’s mission.
Program Type: Student/Graduate Internship
Location: Switzerland/Other locations
Program Targeted at: Students and Recent Graduates
Program Duration: 2 to 6 months
Slots: Not stated.
Nationality: UN Member countries
Eligibility Criteria | UNHCR Internship Programme 2022
In order to be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Recent graduate* or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant to, or of interest to, the work of the organization.
*Recent graduates are to be considered those persons who completed their studies within one year of applying for an internship with UNHCR.
- Food and Local Transportation Allowance: Interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party will receive an allowance to support costs related to food and local transportation.
- Interns should be ready to cover their own travel to the duty station as well as any additional costs above and beyond any allowance they may receive from UNHCR. It is the intern’s responsibility to arrange for a visa and to cover related costs. UNHCR can provide support with the required documents.
- Medical insurance: Before the start of an internship with UNHCR, candidates are responsible for arranging medical insurance and for providing proof to UNHCR of valid medical insurance covering the period of the contract. UNHCR accepts no responsibility for any costs connected to medical insurance of interns, nor does the organization cover the costs for medical evacuation of interns.
How to Apply: To learn more about how to apply, go to Application and Selection. You are also encouraged to read the program FAQs before you submit an application.
Application Deadline: On-going
Visit the Official Website for Further Details