The United Nations Internships 2022-2023 is now open for applications. If you are enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. programme, or in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme; or within one year after graduation (recent graduates) from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme, then you are invited to apply for the internship programme.
As a UN Intern, you will be working directly with outstanding and inspiring career professionals and senior management, you will be exposed to high-profile conferences, participate in meetings, and contribute to analytical work as well as organizational policy of the United Nations. Initially you will take on the amount of responsibility you can shoulder; the potential for growth, however, is yours to develop.-Advertisements-
Company/Organisation: United Nations
Program Type: Student/Graduate internship
Location: Various locations in UN Member states
Duration: two to six months
Target Group: undergraduate, young graduates and postgraduate students
Nationality: Applicants from UN Member Countries
United Nations Internships 2022-2023 | OBJECTIVES
The objective of the UN internship programme is to give you a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of the United Nations. You will be given a real chance to work with our people.
To be considered for the UN Internships 2022-2023, applicants should;
- Be enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. programme, or in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme; or within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme?
- Have excellent command of English or French?
- Be neither a child nor a sibling of a United Nations Secretariat staff member?
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible candidates for the UN internships 2022-2023 can proceed to the UN online job search to apply online for their desired internship position. Hint: On the UN careers page, select the ‘internship’ category and search through for internships in your location. When you have found a desired internship position, click to the job details and application submission guideline.
Note the Following:
- Duration: The internship programme lasts for at least two months and can be as long as six months. Once selected, you must begin your internship either prior to or within one year of graduation.
- Cost: United Nations interns are not paid by the UN. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses must be borne by either the interns or their sponsoring institutions.
- Visa: You will be responsible for obtaining and financing the necessary visas.
- Travel: You will arrange and finance your travel to the United Nations location where you will be an intern.
- Medical insurance: You will be responsible for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship and must show proof of a valid major global medical insurance coverage.
- Confidentiality: You must be discreet and keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and may not publish any documents based on such information.
- Academic Credit: You may get academic credit from your institution of higher education for the internship. Check with your university to confirm their academic credit policy for internships.
Application Deadline: Varies