University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships: The University of Geneva invites application from interested students worldwide to partake in their Excellence Master Fellowships 2022/2023 – a cutting-edge research fellowship Switzerland which covers a broad range of scientific disciplines.
The Faculty of Science of the university, with the support of external partners, has established an Excellence Fellowship program open to outstanding and highly motivated students who wish to pursue a Master of Science degree in one of the disciplines covered by the Faculty. Candidate selection is based on excellence.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Geneva, Switzerland.
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Geneva, Switzerland.
Scholarship Type: Research Scholarship.
Scholarship Worth: Grant of up to CHF 15’000/year.
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Nationality: International Students
This cutting-edge research fellowship covers a broad range of scientific disciplines: astronomy, biology, chemistry and biochemistry, computer science, mathematics, physics, pharmaceutical sciences, earth sciences and the environment. The Faculty hosts three National Centres of Competence in Research of the highly competitive Swiss National Sciences Foundation (Chemical Biology; SwissMAP; Planets) as well as many European research projects.
Regardless of your home university, whether you have passed or are doing a brilliant bachelor degree, and that you are one of the best in your year, this program is for you! You must meet the admission criteria of the Master of your choice and be selected on the basis of the application file for an Excellence Fellowship.
The Excellence Fellowship consists of a grant amounting to CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000/year (no teaching duties); it is awarded for one year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s program (three or four semesters) provided the applicant is academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies.
How-to-Apply: The application for the University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships is made online. After registering, you will receive an e-mail containing a personal link allowing you to fill out the application form.
The application (in English or French) must include the following documents in the form of a SINGLE pdf file:
- A scan of your national identity card or passport.
- Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum).
- The transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with all grades.
- A motivation letter in which you describe your specific scientific interests and your motivation to pursue a Master of Science program at the University of Geneva.
- If possible: Letters of references from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to Excellence-Master-Sciences@unige.ch) attesting your aptitude to this program.
- Any other pertinent information like results of GRE (General requirement examination), of TOEFL or other language test.
N/B: The online form will be available in January 2022
Application Deadline: 15 March 2022 (for Masters starting September 19, 2022).