EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022: Applications are invited from suitably qualified postdoctoral researchers for the EMBO Fellowships 2022 which provides grants for host institutions to enhance their research capacities.
EMBO (European Molecular Biology Organization) Fellowships are awarded for a period of two years although shorter duration can be requested.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): EMBO
Host Institution(s): EMBO Offices
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postdoctoral
Duration: Not specified
Nationality: EMBO Member States
To be considered for the EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowships, applicants must meet the requirements listed:
- Applicants must hold a doctorate or equivalent at the start of the fellowship.
- Applicants who already hold a PhD at the time of application are eligible to apply only if they obtained it during the two years prior to the date the application is complete.
- Applicants must have at least one first author publication accepted in or published in an international peer reviewed journal at the time of application.
- All applications must involve movement between countries (detailed information about mobility requirements is listed in the EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowships guidelines).
- Applications to go to the country in which the PhD was obtained will not be considered.
- Applications to return to a laboratory where the candidate has worked in the past for more than six months, either in one or in several visits will not be considered.
- Applications for an EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowship to be held in the laboratory, institute or department in which the candidate worked to obtain the PhD, or to work again with the candidate’s supervisor, no matter where the latter is located, will not be considered.
- Candidates who have already started working in the host laboratory can apply only if they have been working in the host laboratory for less than six months at the time the application is complete.
- Candidates can only submit one application for one project at one host laboratory at each round of selection.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowships are to complete an online application and provide the required information.
Application Deadline: Applications accepted throughout the year