ISO LOMSO Fellowships for Africans at Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study: Applications are now being accepted at the Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study for the Iso Lomso Fellowship programme aimed at supporting African scholars who have obtained their doctoral degree within the preceding years and hold an academic position at a university or research institution in Africa.
The fellowship aims to address the gap that exists between completing a doctoral study and becoming an established scholar in Africa. An important priority of the programmes is to strengthen a culture of research on the continent. Iso Lomso fellowships provide a three-year attachment to STIAS to enable fellows to develop and conduct a long-term research programme.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced StudyRequired Documents (STIAS)
Fellowship to be taken at: South Africa
Funding Amount: See Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Not specified
Study Level: Postgraduate
To be eligible for the Iso Lomso Fellowships for Africans, applicants must:
- Candidates should have established a research programme and have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-PhD programme.
- Applicants must be an African scholar holding academic position in an African university or research institute.
- Possess excellent research and leadership potential.
- Should be able to conduct research in his/her area of specialization.
- An economy return flight
- Monthly stipend
- Access to the Stellenbosch University library
- Participation in regular STIAS fellows programme
- Child care subsidy
How-to-Apply: Applicants for the ISO LOMSO Fellowships for Africans are to fill out the application form and attach the required documents and send as email to email@example.com before the application deadline.
- A motivational cover letter of not more than one page in length.
- A pre-proposal for a three-year research project.
- One or two recent writing examples authored by the applicant.
- A copy of the applicant’s doctoral certificate.
- Letter of support from applicant’s home institution.
- Two letters of recommendation.
Application Deadline: 15 February 2022