EnerTracks Fellowship: Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the EnerTracks Fellowship on Climate and Energy Transformation. The fellowship will help each fellow tackle specific transformation topic of their choice.
The multidisciplinary sessions cover a variety of topics such as energy markets, power system flexibility, and research methodologies as well as supplemental online and reading materials.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Agora Energiewende
Host Institution(s): Agora Energiewende
Number of Awards: Eight
Study Level: Not specified
Duration: 6 weeks
Nationality: ODA recipient countries
To be considered for the EnerTracks Fellowship, applicants must meet the requirements listed:
- Must be a national of an Official Development Aid (ODA recipient) country.
- Provide proof of complete vaccination protection against SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus.
- Be currently employed or affiliated to a think tank or other civil society organization and/or an academic body researching energy policy or another relevant field.
- Possess around five years of professional experience in the energy or climate sector at the time of application.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university in economics, environmental science, engineering, political science, or similar (masters’ degree preferred).
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity and humility.
- Should have a sincere interest in tackling climate change issues and the energy transformation in their home country as well as a strong understanding of power systems, energy economics, and climate and energy policy, policy instruments/processes.
- Travel grant covering half of the costs of participant’s international travel expenses.
- All-expenses paid accommodation in Berlin.
- In-country public transportation tickets.
- A modest daily stipend.
- Available office space
- Health insurance
- A letter of support for visa application processes.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the EnerTracks Fellowship 2022 are to submit the required documents and apply online before the expiration of the application window.
- A letter of motivation (max. 500 words; around 4000 characters with spaces), describing:
- The specific research topic you would like to expand on with your Agora mentor AND how this topic relates directly to your work.
- What are your responsibilities in your organization and how would this fellowship support your career objectives?
Application Deadline: January 3, 2022