Berlin Scholarship Program: Reporters Without Borders Germany is pleased to invite applications from journalists from war zones and crisis areas for the Scholarship Program in Berlin, Germany which will provide complete training program in digital security.
The program is funded by the Berlin Senate Department for Economics, Energy and Public Enterprises and will provide participants with practical knowledge and skills to protect themselves against digital threats.-
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Berlin Senate Department of Economics, Energy and Public Enterprises
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Reporters Without Borders Germany
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: 12
Study Level: Not specified
Nationality: All Nationalities
To be considered for the Berlin Scholarship Program, applicants are to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants may be professional journalists, bloggers, media professionals and citizen journalists who are exposed to digital threats due to their work in their home regions.
- Applicants who want to learn and work extensively with digital security in order to improve their personal security.
- Must be interested in passing on the knowledge acquired during the scholarship program to colleagues in their home regions and, ideally, already have some experience in teaching or other areas of knowledge transfer.
- Must possess a strong command of the English language, as the whole scholarship program will be conducted in English.
- Show that they are willing to return to their home region after the program in Germany.
- Travel costs
- Cost of acquiring visa
- Monthly Allowance
- Extensive training with experts in digital security
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Berlin Scholarship Program for Journalists are to send a completed and signed application form, the completed questionnaire, CV and a proof of identity as attachments in separate PDF documents to rsf.digitalfreedom[at]protonmail.com
Application Deadline: 29th November 2021 at 23:59 (Central European Time)