International students are invited to apply for Australian Government RTP Scholarship to study at the University of Sydney – Australia. Scholarship can be taken in any of three rounds awarded annually. The University of Sydney welcomes applications for the Australian Government RTP Postgraduate research scholarships.
Funded by the Australian government and valued at up to $124,000, the Research Training Program (RTP) scholarships provide a tuition fee offset and a living-costs stipend to high quality international postgraduate students.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australian Government
Scholarship to be taken at: University of Sydney, Australia
Scholarship Slots: Several.
Scholarship Worth: $35,629 per annum
Number of Awards: Not Stated.
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
To be eligible, you must;
- be a commencing or enrolled international postgraduate research student
- have an outstanding record of academic achievement and research potential
- have an unconditional offer of admission or be currently enrolled in a master’s by research or PhD at the University of Sydney.
Note: Applicants who are undertaking their first PhD degree will be the first priority to be considered for Research Training Program Scholarships.
The RTP scholarships are valued at $35,629 per annum. The RTP International Scholarship assists with OSHC, tuition fees and living costs.
- How-to-Apply: RTP stipend scholarships are awarded in November, February and June. Therefore, you must submit all required documentations for your admission application, and Research Experience evidence (if applicable) to be considered in the relevant award timelines.
- Current students can apply here.
- Commencing students should select the check box to be considered for research scholarships when completing the admission application for your postgraduate research degree.
- Document requirements: Please refer here to the documents for applicants for details of selection criteria, process, and additional documentation required if applicable.
Application Timeline: See application and award timelines in the table (below);
|Commencing research period||Submission deadline*||Offers received from|
|Research periods 1 and 2, 2022||30 September 2021||30 November 2021|
|Research periods 3 and 4, 2022||30 November 2021||9 February 2022|
|Research periods 1 and 2, 2023||30 September 2022||1 December 2022|