The Chinese Government Scholarship-WMO Program 2022 is now open and currently receiving applications from international students to study and conduct research in China fully sponsored
WMO Program is the scholarship established by MOE of China for World Meteorological Organization (WMO) to sponsor international students to study and conduct research in meteorology in China. It is highly competitive and is available to supports undergraduate students, master students and doctoral students.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Chinese Government, China
Scholarships to be taken at: Chinese Government, China
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Undergraduate, Masters & PhD
Scholarship Worth: Tuition waiver, accommodation, living expenses etc.
Subject Eligibility: See eligible courses (below)
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health
- Requirements for applicants’ degree and age:
- l be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- l be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- l be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
The value of the 2022 Chinese Government Scholarship-WMO Program will cover:
- Tuition waiver
- living expenses and
- Comprehensive medical insurance
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible candidates follow the below steps to apply;
- Step 1 – Apply to WMO Secretariat for CGS opportunity.
- Step 2 – Apply to your target university for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by WMO Secretariat as an eligible candidate.
- Step 3 – Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. You should consult WMO Secretariat for Instructions of CGS Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number.
- Step 4 – Submit all your application documents to WMO Secretariat before the deadline.
NOTE: Only applications of recommended candidates from WMO Secretariat will be considered. Candidates holding the Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without the Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.
Please see official page for detailing on the underlisted documents;
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English).
- Copy of Passport Home Page
- Notarized highest diploma
- Academic transcripts
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English
- Recommendation letters
- Applicants for music studies are requested to submit their own works
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China
- Non-criminal record report.
- Pre-admission Letter from Chinese Government Scholarship universities (if applicable)
- Language qualification certificate (if applicable).
Application Deadline: Apply until next February