The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2022/2023: International students across the globe are invited to apply for the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme fully funded for PhD studies in Hong Kong commencing in the next academic session.
Established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in 2009, the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s universities.-
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong.
Fellowship to be Taken at: Hong Kong’s universities.
Program Title: Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme.
Program Type: PhD Study Level.
Slots: 300 Fellowships to be funded.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students.
The Hog Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2022/23 | Eligibility Criteria
To be able to participate in the program for this academic year, you will meet the following eligibility conditions.
- Candidates should be an international student seeking to study in Hong Kong (irrespective of their country of origin),
- Applicants should prior work experience and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply.
- Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability / potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
While candidates’ academic excellence is of primary consideration, the Selection Panels will take into account factors as follows:
- Academic excellence;
- Research ability and potential;
- Communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Leadership abilities.
Eligible Participating Universities
Candidates are to seek admission as new full time PhD students in the following eligible participating eight universities;
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
The Fellowship provides an annual stipend of HK$322,800 (approximately US$41,400) and a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$13,500 (approximately US$1,730) per year for each awardee for a period up to three years. 300 PhD Fellowships will be awarded in the 2022/23 academic year ( Universities in Hong Kong normally start their academic year in September).
Interested and eligible candidates will need to apply directly to any of participating universities listed above. Information on enrolment for the fellowship scheme will be provided by the individual universities.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2021