Utrecht Excellence Scholarships Programme: Applications are invited from qualified international students to apply for a scholarship position at Utrecht University, Netherlands. The Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for international students is to be awarded to students who are willing to take up Postgraduate studies at the university.
The scholarship in Netherlands award is for the duration of the degree programme, which is one or two years depending on the course programme of study. The scholarship can only be renewed for the second year if the student shows satisfactory academic performance and progress towards the degree.-
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Utrecht University
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
Host Institution(s): Utrecht University
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fees, 11,000 euro living expenses
Number of Awards: 20-25
Study level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
Utrecht Excellence Scholarships 2022 | ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
To apply for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships Programme for International Students 2022-2023,
- Applicants must belong to the top 10% of their graduating class. This should be in the form of a statement signed and stamped by your university, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate or any other document that proves that you are among the top 10% of your graduating class.
- Applicants must have completed a secondary school and a bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands
- Applicant must not hold an EU/EEA passport and not eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
- Applicants have applied for an international master’s programme starting from 1st September, 2020.
- Applicants are to visit the official webpage to ensure that their course of study qualifies for the scholarship.
- Applicants must be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit.
- Applicants will be selected based on academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study.
- Applicants will also be selected based on the quality of their academic results preceding the study as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation.
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the master’s programme will also be used as a criteria for selection.
- The quality of the application for the Master’s programme (completeness, accuracy, consistency) will also be used.
- Academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study;
- The academic quality and results of preceding qualifications, as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation;
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s programme (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
- The quality of the application for the Master’s programme itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency)
How-to-Apply: Eligible applicants for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships Programme are to submit an application (or applications) for an UES eligible Master’s programme, before the determined deadline, non-EU/EEA students will have the option to submit an application for one Utrecht Excellence Scholarship from 1 November 2021.
You will see the UES application(s) in your Osiris Online Application account dashboard. Click view/edit for the UES linked to the programme you wish to apply for, upload the requested proof of belonging to the top 10%, answer the questions and submit the application.
- Proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class which will be evidenced by an official document that proves that you are among the top 10% of your class. Such documents as a statement signed and stamped by your institution, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
Application Deadline: 31st January, 2022 (23:59 CET)
Visit the Official Webpage for Details