Nampak Recruitment for a Research Scientist: Nampak Research & Development is looking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced Scientist Cape Town, South Africa. Interested persons are welcome to apply.
The candidate will assist in the day-to-day operation of the Metals unit. Consults with Nampak divisions, customers, and the industry in areas of expertise and provides leadership and training. Initiate evaluate and manage projects. Assists in the development of research goals, factory operations support, and troubleshooting.
Company/Organisation(s): Nampak R&D
Program Type: Full-Time Job
Program Location: South Africa
Program Duration: Permanent
Available Slot: Not specified
Basic Qualifications: Postgrad Degree
Nationality: Any Nationality
Nampak Research Scientist Job | What to Expect
At Nampak Research & Development, this hands-on position involves to:
- Assists in the day-to-day operation of the Metals unit
- Consults with Nampak divisions, customers, and the industry in areas of expertise and provides leadership and training.
- Initiate evaluate and manage projects.
- Assists in the development of research goals, factory operations support, and troubleshooting
- Develops standard methods, procedures & processes in technical areas of work. Liaison with the Nampak Divisions and their food & beverage packing customers in respect of food science and technology
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following:
- Completed BSC degree in Materials Engineering / Material Science
- Post Graduate Degree in Material Science would be an advantage
- Minimum of Two years relevant working experience in a field related to light-gauge steel/tinplate or aluminum and packaging.
- Ability to design experiments and conduct complex analysis
- Knowledge of can making or the manufacture of lightweight, coated, flat-rolled products will be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent oral & written communication and presentation skills.
- Scientific Insight and Technical consultancy skills.
- In-depth experience and understanding of laboratory procedures
- Valid unendorsed driver’s license and willingness to travel.
How-to-Apply: As part of the application procedures for Nampak Research & Development Job Recruitment, applicants are to fulfill the above eligibility criteria and proceed to apply online by clicking on the ‘Create new account’ button to complete the application form for the career opportunity.
Application Deadline: November 05, 2021