Gold Fields Ghana is looking to engage the services of an experienced person for the position of Superintendent – Control Systems and Instrumentation. This opportunity is open to applicants with graduate qualification from any nationality.
Reporting to the Plant Engineer, the successful applicant will be partly responsible for the effective management of process control and instrumentation systems on the metallurgical plant and assigned employees in accordance with Goldfields Standards and Procedures.-
Company/Organisation(s): Gold Fields
Program Type: Graduate Job Recruitment
Program Location: Ghana
Program Duration: Permanent
Available Slot: Not specified
Basic Qualifications: Relevant Graduate Qualifications
Nationality: All Nationalities
Gold Fields Ghana Graduate Opportunity in Control System | What to Expect
The Superintendent – Control Systems and Instrumentation will have the following responsibilities:
- Implement instrumentation and control standards and procedures on the plant
- Support plant operations team is areas of process control and automation related activities.
- Co-manage the entire control systems infrastructure including PLC’s, SCADA, HMI, and Network infrastructure
- Carry out Maintenance and project management functions on the control systems infrastructure
- Liaise with third party vendors in the delivery of control and instrumentation related projects and upgrades
- Implement sound principles of Health and Safety, in accordance with Goldfields Standards and Procedures
- Develop effective engineering standards and procedures and implement in accordance with ISA, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements
- Implement operational cost control to ensure that expenditure is maintained within set targets
- Train and develop staff to enhance technical ability and competency
- Liaise with operational personnel to optimize equipment performance, reliability and utilization
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification in instrumentation and control systems engineering from a recognized institution
- Proven track record in heading up instrumentation and control systems division for a gold mine
- Professional membership with relevant institutions such as ISA, IEEE, etc.
- Minimum 12 years of Instrumentation and Process Control work experience on gold processing plants
- Experience in working as expatriate within the African Continent.
- Extensive knowledge in various PLC’s and DCS’s including AB, siemens, GE, ABB, Schneider, SCADA’s etc.
- Proven Knowledge in maintenance and troubleshooting on large capacity variable speed drives
- Excellent knowledge and experience in heading up a control system division on a gold processing plant.
- Hands of experience in the use of various third party systems and ability to integrate same into plant control system
- Sound process plant business acumen and the ability to influence the main cost drivers in the department
- Advanced level of technical communications, personal interaction and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage process plant equipment, maintenance and project work
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office/ MS Project and a working knowledge of planned maintenance software packages (SAP PM)
- Technical problem solving and failure analysis capabilities with special emphasis on field Instrumentations, PLCS, and SCADA systems supported by accredited training course certification
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants for the position of Superintendent – Control Systems and Instrumentation at Gold Fields Ghana can apply for the position by clicking the ‘Apply‘ button on the official application page after looking up the job details.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
Visit the Official Website for Further Details