Applications are now being invited from eligible applicants for the Central Bank of Nigeria Tertiary Institutions Entrepreneurship Scheme (TIES) – An initiative targeted at empowering graduates of Nigerian Polytechnics and Universities with entrepreneurial skills for Entrepreneurship development, Economic development and Job creation.
The Tertiary Institutions Entrepreneurship Scheme (TIES), has been developed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), in partnership with the academia (Universities and Polytechnics) to unleash the potential of the Nigeria graduate entrepreneurs (gradpreneurs) by providing re-orientation, training and an innovative financing model that will enhance the entrepreneurial ecosystem with transformational impact on the economy.
Program Sponsor(s): Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
Program Type: Entrepreneurial Training and Financing
Program Targeted at: Students and Graduates
Program Duration: Continuous
Slots: 100000 annually.
Central Bank of Nigeria TIES | OBJECTIVES
The broad objective of the CBN Tertiary Institutions Entrepreneurship Scheme is to enhance access to finance by undergraduates and graduates of polytechnics and universities in Nigeria with innovative entrepreneurial and technological ideas. Other specific objectives of the Scheme include:
- Provide an enabling environment for co-creation, mentorship and development of entrepreneurial and technological innovations for value creation in partnership with Nigerian polytechnics and universities for the purpose of economic development and job creation;
- Fast track ideation, creation and acceleration of a culture of innovation-driven entrepreneurship skills among graduates of polytechnics and universities in Nigeria;
- Promote gender balance in entrepreneurship development through capacity development and improved access to finance;
- Leapfrog entrepreneurial capacity of undergraduates and graduates for entrepreneurship and economic development in partnership with academia and industry practitioners; and
- Boost contribution of non-oil sector to the nation’s GDP.
In addition to company registration certificate, applicants are generally required to provide;
- Bank Verification Number (BVN);
- Verified first degree certificate (BSc/HND or its equivalent);
- Verified National Youth Service Certificate (NYSC) discharge or exemption certificate;
- Certificate issued by polytechnics and universities evidencing entrepreneurship training;
- Duly signed Global Standing Instruction (GSI);
- Third party guarantee: a senior federal/state civil or public servant, clergy, recognised traditional ruler, professionals (lawyers, doctors, accountants etc.), confirmed staff of established companies.
- Agribusiness – production, processing, storage and logistics;
- Information technology – application/software development, business process outsourcing, robotics, data management;
- Creative industry – entertainment, artwork, publishing, culinary/event management, fashion, photography, beauty/cosmetics;
- Science and technology – medical innovation, robotics, ticketing
How to Apply
Applications for the CBN Tertiary Institutions Entrepreneurship Scheme (TIES) can be submitted via which is the ONLY approved portal for entries into the program. On the portal, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to start application.
Application Deadline: Ongoing