High-potential candidates are invited to apply for the PhD Scholarships in Laser Beam Processing of Aerospace Materials at the University of Nottingham.
The project will deal with the study of a new laser processing method to enable in-situ surface treatment and repair of safety-critical rotating parts and further understand the correlation between surface quality, metallurgical characteristics and functional performance of the components and the key process parameters.
According to the QS World University Rankings 2018, the University of Nottingham is a well-known public research university ranked 84th in the world. It is dedicated to improving people’s lives by providing great education and research through its educational system.
Why study at the University of Nottingham? The University of Nottingham is a dynamic, ever-changing institution that is internationally renowned for its high educational standards. Because of the small batch sizes at Nottingham, it has a stable faculty that consistently provides excellent teaching and learning outcomes and delivers their entire attention to each student.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Nottingham
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition-fees
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: UK
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in Laser Beam Processing of Aerospace Materials
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Previous experience in modelling/experimental methods of laser beam processes will be considered an advantage.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students have to enrol in the PhD degree programme at the university. After that, you can contact Prof Dragos Axinte. Do not submit your application via the My Nottingham platform without having contacted their team first.
- Supporting Documents: Submit the following:
- A copy of your covering letter
- Academic transcripts
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have first or upper second class graduate in mechanical/manufacturing/materials science/physics to build strong knowledge in both manufacturing and material science while establishing relationships with both academic and industrial areas at the international level.
- Language Requirement: Applicants have to be proficient in written and spoken English language.
The University of Nottingham will provide the tuition fees and provides a tax-free stipend of over £15,000 per annum for the duration of the project (three years). The position is available immediately.