Are you an African student, entrepreneur, an academic or a researcher with innovative entrepreneurial solutions? Then take advantage of the African German Entrepreneurship Academy Business Idea Competition and apply for funding for your business.
The AGEA Business Idea Competition is organized to reach out, identify and support innovative entrepreneurial solutions to African challenges by African students, entrepreneurs, academics and researchers.
African German Entrepreneurship Academy Business Idea Competition | DETAILS
The 2021 competition focuses on generating entrepreneurial and commercially viable solutions from research that can become spin-off start-ups or companies. The competition will offer students, researchers, academics at African universities as well as early-stage entrepreneurs (alumni) the opportunity to initiate their entrepreneurial journeys leading to the establishment of research spin-off start-ups. It will provide opportunity for graduate students and researchers at African universities to unearth their entrepreneurial abilities by generating viable business solutions through their scientific research endeavours.
Benefits of the Competition
- Cash prizes for the first, second and third winner as well as audience award.
- Incubation support
- Coaching and mentoring
- Support for funding applications
- Support through intellectual property (IP) related issues.
To be eligible for the Business Idea Competition, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Must be a graduate student (masters or doctoral) or a researcher at an African institution of higher learning.
- Ideas and solutions must be innovative from all fields of scientific research, sectors and industries.
- Ideas should offer sustainable solutions to real-work challenges which satisfying a market need, especially but not limited to Africa.
- Must be early stage entrepreneurs who are university alumni.
How-to-Apply: Interested participants for the AGEA Business Idea Competition can participate in two (2) forms eithers as an individual or member of a team consisting of students, researchers, and entrepreneurs.
To participate, eligible individuals and teams are to register for the competition and will be required to provide brief information about the participants in a short online form.
Application Deadline: 31 October 2021
Visit the Official Website for Further Details