Michigan State University has organized the Professorial Assistantships Program for international and domestic freshman students to work on tasks directly related either to scholarly research or to innovative teaching. The program is open to applications for the academic year 2022-2023.
Students whose academic records place them in the top 1 percent of entering college freshmen nationwide are offered this opportunity to participate in the Professorial Assistantship program. Selected applicants will be paid a stipend of approximately $3,500 annually.
Michigan State University is the nation’s premier public land-grant research university and also one of the top research universities in the world. Ranking at the 157th position in QS Global World Rankings, MSU strives to advance knowledge and transform lives.
Why choose to study at Michigan State University? Michigan State University has successfully created premiere learning environments within undergraduate, graduate, and lifelong education programs. The programs ought to actively engage learners and enable them to build their knowledge. MSU fosters a supportive environment that encourages contributions of citizens, students, faculty and staff members, and administrators in its functioning.
Application Deadline: 1st November 2021
- University or Organization: Michigan State University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Assistantship
- Award: $3,500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: All international and domestic students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake any assistantship program at MSU.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a great GPA.
- Domestic applicants applying must be homeschooled.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can log in to the official online portal of the university to apply. All admitted MSU students who have also been invited to join the Honors College will be considered for a Professorial Assistantship offer.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to provide all secondary schools, colleges, universities attended and/or examination boards send original or attested copies of all transcripts, marks sheets, certificates and diplomas earned and one essay (minimum 250 words, maximum 650 words) from the list of prompts.
- Admission Requirements: Students are required to have attended high school. SAT or ACT scores are optional.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL – 79
- IELTS – 6.5
- PTE – 53
The selected honors students will be given an annual stipend of $3,500 by Michigan State University for brilliant domestic and international students.