The University of Leicester is giving you a chance to expand your career in the right direction through its MPhil Scholarships in Developing Augmented Reality Holographic Interfaces.
The project will focus on the human factors of such an operation with a special emphasis on developing an intuitive and engaging holographic interface for accessing information without being intrusive and suitable for industrial scenarios.
The University of Leicester, founded in 1957, is a renowned university internationally recognized for international excellence, world-changing science, and outstanding and inspiring teaching. It provides a lively and worthy environment for learning in which pupils are prepared for their future.
Why study at the University of Leicester? The institution educates students to make an impact by delivering engaging education that leads to relevant professions and skills. Students will receive a high-quality educational experience, enjoy student programs, and have access to a variety of careers.
Application Deadline: 30 October 2021
- University or Organization: University of Leicester
- Department: School of Informatics
- Course Level: MPhil
- Award: £1,166.67 per month
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: MPhil in Developing Augmented Reality Holographic Interfaces
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- have graduated within the last 3 years in a related discipline
- adhere to project confidentiality; at the start of the project
- assign any arising IP from the project
- base their MPhil degree thesis on the research outcomes of the project
- work closely with the SME company to undertake the research project
- deliver monthly progress reports and a comprehensive project report to the University and sponsor SME in addition to the MPhil thesis.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must have taken admission in the M.Phil degree programme. In the funding section of the application please include the project reference LIA249 Anjum MPhil Studentship in the space provided. In the proposal section please provide the name of the supervisors and project title (a proposal is not required).
- Supporting Documents: Submit the following:
- Personal statement explaining your interest in the project, your experience, and why we should consider you
- Degree Certificates and Transcripts of study already completed and if possible transcript to date of study currently being undertaken
- In the reference section please enter the contact details of your two referees in the text boxes provided or upload letters of reference if already available.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a BSc degree in a relevant subject (Minimum 2i classification) or overseas equivalent. Knowledge of Unity and C# is essential.
- Language Requirement: Applicants will have satisfied the English language entry requirements if you are a national of one of these countries and have completed your secondary or university education in one of the listed countries and your teaching was in English
The studentship provides:
- A stipend of £1,166.67 per month for 12 months (total Stipend £14,000)
- Tuition Fees at UK rates for 12 months.