Scholarships help strengthen your academic and career goals by removing financial barriers. In order to cover study expenses, Science Foundation Ireland Centre for Research Training in Advanced Networks for Sustainable Societies and Munster Technological University are providing PhD Studentships in Context-Aware Machine Learning.
The successful candidate will contribute to the multi-million euro H2020 Project WARIFA. The main focus areas of the project are the prevention of melanoma skin cancer by reducing unhealthy sun exposure, and the prevention of the complications of diabetes by improving lifestyle risk factors such as unhealthy diet and physical inactivity.
The SFI Centers for Research Training in Advanced Networks for Sustainable Societies focuses on enabling technologies for future hyper-networks, including concepts such as network virtualization, dependable communications, Internet of Things, data-driven network management, and applications in sustainable and independent living. This center will train the next generation of researchers who will seek solutions to the technical and societal challenges of global hyper-connectivity.
Why should you apply for this programme? They train the next generation of doctoral graduates at the interface of technologies and social sciences, graduates who can stimulate socially responsible and inclusive creativity and innovation in the fields of advanced communications. Our aim is to ensure that the next generations of communications technology are developed with human and societal benefit as a priority objective.
Application Deadline: October 28, 2021
- University or Organization: Science Foundation Ireland Centre for Research Training in Advanced Networks for Sustainable Societies and Munster Technological University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: €18,500 per year
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: Outside of Ireland and the EU
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Candidate has skills in Hierarchical Bayesian Networks/Deep Learning algorithms, Semantic and structured database, Handling ubiquitous data, excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested candidates can send an application with the following documents directly to Dr. Mohammed Hasanuzzaman (email@example.com)
- Supporting Documents: Primary and highest degree(s) and awarding institutions; GPA/degree class, a CV (maximum 3 pages), a max. 2-page statement of motivation including a description of:” Why you wish to undertake an advance Degree PhD (with reference to your future career plans)”
- Admission Requirements: Students must hold at least a 2.1 honors undergraduate/postgraduate degree in relevant disciplines such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, or related disciplines with strong programming skills.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have evidence of English language proficiency for non-native speakers based on an IELTS (or similar) score of 6.5
Successful applicants will receive a tax-free stipend of approx. €18,500 per year for up to four years including EU tuition fees, research and equipment costs, and all costs associated with training related covered.