The University of British Columbia is inviting applications for Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship available for outstanding scholars from around the world.Fellowships are awarded to engage in innovative research that will enhance interdisciplinary collaborations and help establish them in leadership positions in the academic and wider community.
The University of British Columbia is a public research university with campuses and facilities in British Columbia, Canada. UBC encourages bold thinking, curiosity, and initiative, so you can realize your greatest potential.
Why study at the University of British Columbia? The University of British Columbia has consistently ranked 40 best globally and now holds the top 20 public universities in the world.
Application Deadline: November 12, 2021
University or Organization: The University of British Columbia
Course Level: Postdoctoral research program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Citizens of any country
The program can be taken in Canada
- Citizens of any country can apply for these Fellowships.
- must have completed all requirements of their Ph.D. no more than 24 months prior to the anticipated fellowship start date.
- Completion of Ph.D. requirements refers to the date that the applicant completed all the steps required for obtaining their degree.
- these requirements may vary by institution and degree type, they normally include thesis defense corrections and thesis deposition. It is not the convocation date.
- The period of eligibility may be extended for applicants who have had their career interrupted or delayed for the purpose of childrearing, illness, or health-related family responsibilities.
- The interruption(s) or delay(s) must have occurred after the applicant completed all the requirements of their Ph.D. Note that the eligibility window will only be extended by the duration of the delay(s) or interruption(s), to a maximum of one year. Justification for the extension must be provided in the Special Circumstances attachment.
- Maybe citizens of any country; though there are no restrictions regarding the nationality of applicants, successful candidates must be able to meet all Canadian immigration requirements in keeping with the original spirit of the Killam Endowments.
- How to Apply: The applicant completes and submits an application form and arranges the delivery of all required documents to the UBC department or unit to which the application is being made. Each UBC department or unit sets its own deadline for receipt of applications.
- Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
It consists of a $50,000 annual stipend for a maximum of two years, plus a travel research allowance of $4,000 over two years.