British Council is currently inviting applications from suitably qualified and exceptional candidates for a Finance Assistant Job and Internship position in Nigeria. This opportunity is available for young graduates who have experience in finance management environment.
The British Council help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. The Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
Company/Organisation(s): British Council
Program Type: Graduate Job Recruitment
Program Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Program Duration: Not specified
Available Slot: Not specified
Basic Qualifications: Recent Graduates
The post holder will be responsible for managing and ensuring financial processes of all FCR programmes within the justice, security and conflict sector are implemented as per the British Council and EU driven policies and providing support to the Finance Manager and assistance to programme teams to specifically support the payment and invoicing process as required: The appointed candidate will have the following accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- To support timely processing of invoices to designated workshops, meetings and events according to stated requirements.
- Support processing of payments and reconciling records according to agreed time standards for same.
- Support maintenance of Abuja office cash imprest and support in parking and posting of Petty cash transactions on to SAP.
- Audit travel, procurement and workshop expenses as may be directed by the Finance Manager, keeping and recording items in Finance Safe.
- Support printing, filing, scanning and updating of finance related documents.
- Support all payment and processing functions of the finance team.
- To assist in taking on responsibilities to support the Programme finance team where necessary and practical.
- Ensure professionalism is demonstrated in own work area and that customer / client needs and perspectives are reflected in own behaviours and focus.
- To support the embedding of continuous learning and improvement into the team.
- To proactively share best practice and learning across the wider EU programmes team.
- To seek to understand the interdependencies and connections that programme office has with other organisations and manage such relationships within own work area.
- To ensure personal development on IT skills for wider administrative assistance.
- Other administrative work.
Interested and successful applicants will need to meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a project finance environment.
- Experience of working on SAP
- Experience of positive contribution to change
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function.
- High levels of personal effectiveness and the ability to focus on achieving deadlines.
- In depth knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting procedures is a must along with high degree of concentration and an ability to identify accounting discrepancies.
- Ability to maintain and update accounting spreadsheets, journal logs to ensure that it is compliant with organizations rules and regulations, and any other relevant legislation.
- Ability to handle high volumes of financial data and information and should be well acquainted with ways of storing and retrieving it whenever there is any need.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants can follow these steps to apply for the opportunity:
- Login and create a candidate profile.
- Search for roles and either upload your CV or apply with your LinkedIn profile.
- Complete the application form questions. You can save these as you go.
- When you’ve completed the form, we’ll send you a notification.
- If your application is successful, you will be invited to an initial screening which may be a telephone call.
- The next stage is a first interview. If you get this far, there could be more selection stages like further interviews, a presentation or technical tests.
Application Deadline: Not Specified