Sustainability Open Innovation Challenge: Enterprise Singapore in collaboration with key industry partners is pleased to announce the Sustainability Open Innovation Challenge for Startup and SMEs innovators in key sustainability areas.
The challenge is to encourage startups and SMEs to build a brighter future for our planet in areas of waste management, sustainable materials and many more.
With ever increasing global average temperatures, diminishing natural resources, growing waste, and rising greenhouse gas emissions, there is an urgent need to develop and implement sustainable solutions to restore and protect our environment. Collaboration is key to innovate towards a more sustainable future as the challenges are quite complex.
The Challenge is inviting innovative companies to participate in this challenge not only for the chance to collaborate with major partners, testbed and access funding to develop the solutions, but to play a critical role in building a more sustainable future for the world.
- Opportunity to work with challenge statement owners to co-develop solutions and potentially acquire them as reference customers.
- Paid trials, pilot project, and test-bedding opportunities.
- Funding support to develop solutions.
To be a part of the Sustainability Open Innovation Challenge 2021, applicants must:
- Be an innovative startup or SME with innovations in sustainable materials, waste management and many other areas of sustainable development.
- Demonstrate commitment to the actualization of the innovative solutions.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Sustainability Open Innovation Challenge are to apply online by indicating their interest to participate in the programme. Innovators can register on the platform, choose a challenge statement to tackle, complete the participation form and submit a 5 to 10 slide PDF proposal deck addressing the following areas:
- Details of Applicant
- Executive Summary: provide a summary of the solution, technology and deliverables – tangible and intangible outcomes of the project (in less than 500 words).
- Detailed project proposal, including: technical feasibility of solution and novelty; Effectiveness in addressing the challenge (how the solution can address requirements); potential benefits; operational feasibility; business feasibility of solution; capacity and expertise to execute; details on POC/MVP if applicable.
Application Deadline: October 24, 2021 at 23:59 (GMT)