Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships: Applications are welcomed from eligible and qualified students to apply for the Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships Program (QES) which was created to improve global talent exchange between Canada and other nations.
The call is to support the Advanced Scholars West Africa phase of the Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships (QES) program which will provide funding to Canadian Universities to support projects in West Africa. Projects will support doctoral researchers, post-doctoral researchers and early career researchers from Canada and West Africa.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): International Research Development Centre (IDRC)
Scholarship to be taken in: Africa and Canada
Scholarship Worth: Up to $300,000 CAD
Number of Awards: Not specified
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: See Eligible countries
Queen Elizabeth Scholarships 2022 | Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility conditions for the Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships are as follows;
- Canadian universities which have recognized provincial degree granting powers, or their affiliates, may submit proposal to QES-AS West Africa. Universities may partner with one or more other Canadian university(ies) for a joint proposal, however, may only be the lead applicant in one submission to the program.
- Projects must include a partnership between one or more Canadian universities, one or more institutions in one or more eligible West African countries and one or more non-academic research placement partner(s). The non-academic research placement partner(s) may be in either Canada or an eligible West African country.
- Outgoing scholars must be Canadian citizens conducting their research in an eligible West African country.
- Incoming scholars must be citizens of one of the eligible West African countries conducting research in Canada. Candidates with dual nationality with Canada are note eligible.
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo.
Climate resilience and sustainable food systems, Education and innovations, Ethics in development research, Health Equity, Inclusive governance, Sustainable inclusive growth.
How-to-Apply: Project proposals must be submitted online in English or French via the QES portal at https://portal.scholarshippartners.ca/welcome/qes_en/ Users will be required to register an account and complete their profile before being able to access the application forms. To be considered complete, the following steps must be completed before the deadline:
- Fill out the online application form;
- Fill out and upload the indication of university support form, signed by a senior administrator
- Fill out and upload a completed budget form.
- Upload the letter(s) of support from the non-academic research placement partner(s) (if applicable)
- Submit the application.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Visit the Official Website for more Details