The Machining and Condition Monitoring Group at the University of Nottingham in partnership with British Telecommunication is offering PhD Scholarships in the UK.This project is related to the design, development, and implementation of robotics components, systems, and solutions that address the civil engineering use-cases and challenges around surveying, maintaining and deploying telecommunications network infrastructure.
The University of Nottingham, a public research university with a long history of academic excellence, was established in 1881. Students can major in anything from art to engineering to science to social science.
Why study at the University of Nottingham? Students will benefit from world-class facilities and high-quality instruction while attending this university. Candidates have the option of tailoring their curriculum to better suit their individual needs.https:container.htmlApplication Deadline: November 30, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Nottingham
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: 15,609.00
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: UK and EU
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK and EU
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Development of Robotic Solutions with High Manoeuvrability in Confined and Congested Spaces
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- First-rate analytical and numerical skills, with a well-rounded academic background.
- Demonstrated ability to develop precision robotics system and algorithm
- Ability to develop kinematic and/or dynamic analysis of robotic systems
- Ability to implement control and kinematics with hardware-in-the-loop
- Background with relevant packages,
- A driven, professional, and self-dependent work attitude is essential
- Experience of working within the industry will be an advantage
- The ability to produce high-quality presentations and written reports
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you want to apply, you can contact Prof Dragos Axinte and Dr. Abd Mohammad firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com before submitting your application via the My Nottingham platform.
- Supporting Documents: Send a cover letter and a copy of your CV with your up-to-date, relevant experience.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a first or upper second-class degree in robotics/mechanical/cybernetics/mechatronics /computer science or related scientific discipline
- Language Requirement: Students must have to check the English language requirements of the university.
The university will provide scholarships on offer (to eligible students) comprises a tax-free stipend of £15,609.00 a year; tuition fees paid and a generous study package.