The University of Surrey is pleased to announce PhD International Studentships in Sociology to outstanding international candidates in the UK. The studentship will be awarded for the upcoming academic year 2022-2023.International and domestic students are both eligible to apply for this studentship across specialism in criminology, media and communications, and sociology at Surrey. The studentship will cover the tuition fee of a PhD degree at Surrey.
The University of Surrey is a renowned leading university ranking 378th globally, and 33rd in the UK by the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2020. It aims to provide excellent education and advance and disseminate knowledge.
Why choose to study at the University of Surrey? The University of Surrey has excellent teaching and academic support to aid students in academics as well as outside the premises of the university. It has been awarded Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework. Students are also given affordable accommodation.
Application Deadline: 29th October 2021
- University or Organization: University of Surrey
- Department: Department of Sociology
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: 2
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from the UK and other international countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake a PhD degree in Sociology at the University of Surrey.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must hold a master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- The applicants must have an IELTS score of 7.0.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must log in to the university portal to apply to any desired programme. Studentship candidates are required to apply here via the ‘Apply’ tab on the page.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Scanned copies of signed/stamped qualifications (certificates or transcripts)
- A copy of your passport
- A personal statement
- A research proposal
- Contact details of two referees
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are expected to hold at least an upper second-class honors degree in sociology or a related discipline along with a master’s in a relevant discipline.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 7.0
- TOEFL IBT – 59
- PTE – 42
- CAE – 162
- CPE – 162
The studentship winners will be granted a full tuition fee for a 3 year PhD study at Surrey at UK or international rate.