International students who are seeking to earn a PhD degree in Ireland can apply for the Michael Green merit awards at the Burren College of Art.All full-time postgraduate students at Burren are eligible to apply for this application to get their tuition fee sponsored for the academic year 2022-2023. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and financial need.
Burren College of Art is a small Irish non-profit independent art school ranked 36th nationwide. It aims to be a hothouse for artists, led by reflective artists and challenging.
Why choose to study at Burren College of Art? Burren is an internationally recognized higher degree college that has partnered with over 40 colleges and universities in the US and Canada to provide the best to its students. Study programmes at Burren are designed to educate non-artists in the principles and procedures of creative processes.Application Deadline: 1st February 2022
- University or Organization: Burren College of Art
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Tuition Fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: International students from non-EU countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD, MFA, MA, or any postgraduate baccalaureate offered at Burren.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have enrolled in Burren before the deadline.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications at Burren are accepted via its online portal. Successfully admitted students will be considered for the opportunity .
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A copy of a recent essay on art or a critical review of an exhibition you have recently visited (approx. 1000 words)
- A portfolio
- A written statement of approx. 500 words that clearly states what you seek to attain through a study on this programme
- A resume
- Official certificate or transcript for all degree awards received
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of your Birth Certificate or Passport
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a bachelors’ Degree with first or upper second class honors in Fine Art, or a Bachelors’s Degree with a major in Fine Art with a GPA of 3.50 or above; or evidence of equivalent achievement.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
The winning applicants of this application will be awarded partial tuition fee remission up to 10% – 20% by Burren.