The Tang Center for Early China is delighted to offer its Visiting Scholar’s Fellowship to pursue research program. The fellowship is available for East Asian applicants.The aim of the fellowship is to support one scholar each year for an in-residence research period of 10 months at Columbia University, or to two scholars for a period of 5 months each, depending on the need of the proposed projects.
Columbia University is a private Ivy League research university in Upper Manhattan, New York City, often cited as one of the world’s most prestigious universities.
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2021
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue the research program.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the fields offered by the university.
- Award: Fellowship funds can be used to cover airfare, living expenses, and fees accrued during the fellow’s residence at the university. The Fellowship also includes a modest travel fund for the fellow to visit other US cities or institutions. The successful candidate may be invited to teach short-term courses or seminars which, if it happens, will carry a supplemental adjunct salary.
- Number of Awards: The Tang Visiting Scholar’s Fellowship is offered each year to one scholar for an in-residence research period of 10 months at Columbia University, or to two scholars for a period of 5 months each, depending on the need of the proposed projects.
- Nationality: Applicants from China, Japan, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau
- The award can be taken inthe USA
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from China, Japan, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Applicants must have PhD degree in hand at the start of the fellowship period, or have outstanding research credential.
- Applicants must be able to manage the day-to-day conversation in English.
- Applicants must be affiliated with an academic institution in their country of origin.
- Past recipients are not eligible to apply for two years, except for projects evaluated by the Tang Advisory Committee as necessary to receive multiple years of support.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have a certificate of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, PET acceptable).
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply via the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit all the following documents:
- Project timeline
- Travel itineraries (if travel budget is requested)
- Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- Two letters of recommendation (in English)
- English Language Requirements: Certificate of English proficiency. TOEFL, IELTS, and PETS (organized by NEEA) are acceptable.