As an initiative to promote cultural exchange and diversity to assist students from other countries to attend college in the USA, Eastern Illinois University has established the International Student Scholarships for the academic year 2021-2022.The grant is offered to students of all foreign nationalities. Undergraduate or graduate students already enrolled at EIU can apply for the opportunity and receive support towards the tuition fee of the first 2 semesters of the applied programme.
Eastern Illinois University is a public university positioned 51st in Regional Universities Midwest with a mission to be a premier comprehensive university, global in its reach and impact, where personal connections with faculty and staff support students’ academic success.
Why choose to study at Eastern Illinois University? EIU is committed to diversity and inclusion and fosters opportunities for student-faculty relationship enhancement supported by applied learning experiences within student-centered campus culture. Students of EIU refine their abilities to reason and to communicate clearly so as to become responsible citizens and leaders.
Application Deadline: 1st November 2021
- University or Organization: Eastern Illinois University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: Entrants from all international countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can take up any undergraduate or graduate-level study programme available at EIU.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 (undergraduate) and 3.25 (graduate).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students need to sign up on the university portal to complete their admission application. Graduate students can apply here, and undergraduate students can apply here for the opportunity .
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official records
- Passport copy
- International student financial affidavit form
- Bank statement
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have an SAT score of 960 or an ACT score of 18.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- Paper-Based TOEFL – 550 points
- Internet-based TOEFL – 79 points
- IELTS – 6.5 on the Academic Module
- MELAB – 77
- STEP EIKEN – Grade 1
- iTEP Academic Plus – 5.0
Eastern Illinois University will provide the winning international student’s tuition fee for the first two semesters of the undergraduate or graduate programme undertaken at EIU.