Applications are invited from qualified youths for the YALDA AfCFTA Youth Creative Competition to join the essay, infographics and animation competition for young African entrepreneurs.
The competition is inviting applications from individuals who can create contents that will inform and educate young people about the AfCFTA and the tremendous benefits for Africa’s teeming youth population.
YALDA AfCFTA Youth Creative Competition | DETAILS
The Youth Alliance for Leadership and Development in Africa (YALDA) in collaboration with the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Secretariat, African Export-Import Bank (Afrexim Bank), United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), the International Trade Centre (ITC) and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) invite all youth who are nationals of African countries, as well as those in the diaspora to participate.
The competition seeks to deepen African youth understanding of the AfCFTA’s instruments and how African youth can drive the AfCFTA agenda from their perspective. By ensuring youth are active participants in the popularization and raising awareness of the AfCFTA.
The competition is in three parts. If you believe you can make a difference and want to help educate young people about the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA).
You may like: Call for Code Global Challenge Competition for Developers
To be eligible for the AfCFTA Youth Creative Competition, applicants must ensure to meet the following requirements:
- Be a national of an African Union Member state
- Submit a national ID as proof of above
- Be residing permanently or temporarily on the continent or the diaspora
- Be aged between 18 and 35 years
- Be passionate about Africa’s development and deeper understanding of the AfCFTA.
- Submit application by the deadline.
- Winner will be awarded US$ 1,000 while the 2nd and 3rd prize winners will receive US$ 500 and US$ 300 respectively.
- Mentorship by staff at YALDA or partner institutions for all winners
- Work published on websites and in publications of YALDA and partners
- Opportunity to present submission at a YALDA or one of the partners’ events (1st Prize winner).
- Personal time with YALDA and partner institutions Executive Directors, Presidents or Chairpersons (1st prize winner).
- Interviews by partner media houses (1st prize winner).
- Free-lance contract for winners of the graphic design/animation and/or communications work with partner institutions (1st prize winner).
- Short internship opportunity at one of the partner’s institutions (AfCFTA Secretariat or UNDP) for essay category (1st prize winner).
Apply for: iF Social Impact Prize Competition 2021
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the AfCFTA Youth Creative Competition are to apply online either in the Essay, Infographics or animation categories.