ICT 4 Inclusion Challenge Competition 2021: Applications are invited from suitably qualified digital and technical innovators that provide or improve access to education for children, youths and/or adults with disabilities in Africa to apply for the ICT 4 Inclusion Challenge 2021
The Challenge seeks to support digital innovators to increase access to inclusive education for people with disabilities in Africa.
ICT 4 Inclusion Challenge Competition 2021 | DETAILS
Access to quality and affordable education is one of the greatest barriers to inclusion for children, young persons and adults with disabilities in Africa. The COVID-19 pandemic has amplified this situation. Digital innovations can aid overcome this challenge by eliminating barriers to education for persons with disabilities. The ICT 4 Inclusion Challenge has been designed to help shape the inclusive education in the African continent.
You may like: Ecobank Fintech Challenge for African Innovators
To be eligible for the ICT 4 Inclusion Challenge Competition 2021, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Individuals or Teams of Innovators, Entrepreneurs, Students, Change makers, Tech geeks, Disability activists.
- Persons ageing at least 18 years old or above the legal working age in the country of residence.
- Permanent residents of an African country or non-residents teaming up with an African organization.
- Applicant must be developing digital device and/or application, that facilitates inclusive education.
- You have a concrete idea to raise awareness for inclusive education using digital technologies.
- Develop digital assistive technologies to be used in educative settings.
- Working on accessibility solutions for online learning environments.
- Technical assistance towards solution deployment: receive concrete support targeting the components needed for your solution to succeed such as marketing, fundraising, agile methods, accessibility, pitching, scaling and business development.
- Receive access to global international experts and guidance by mentors in the fields of digital start-up support, disability and tech, as well as education.
- Receive access to international network of development and international cooperation, as well as innovation ecosystems and partner networks across universities, organizations of persons with disabilities, funders, Assistive Technology experts, disability experts, corporations and NGOs.
See Also: World Water Challenge 2021 for International Water Solution Providers
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants for the ICT 4 Inclusion Challenge Competition 2021 are to complete an online registration on or before the application deadline.