University of Copenhagen PhD fellowship: University of Copenhagen through Department of Biology, Faculty of Science is currently inviting applications from international students for a PhD scholarship in Bioinformatics/computer science commencing 15 August 2021.
This position is also available for candidates who are (or are eligible to be) enrolled at one of the faculty’s master programmes in Bioinformatics/computer science/Biology. The duration of the integrated programme depends on the amount of credits that you have passed on your MSc programme.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Fellowship Type: Full fellowship
Host Institution(s): University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Fellowship Worth: Salary of DKK 333,464 (approx. €44,461)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters and PhD
Nationality: International students
Also Apply: Sabanci University Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences Full Scholarship in Turkey 2021/2022
University of Copenhagen PhD fellow in computational biology/computer science | DETAILS
This scholarship is peculiar to PhD students whose research focus is to develop new computational algorithms for solving fundamental biological problems of genome assembly, haplotyping and single-cell modalities.
The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 333,464 (approx. €44,461) including annual supplement (+ pension at a minimum DKK 54,191). The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
To be eligible for University of Copenhagen PhD fellow in computational biology/computer science in Denmark 2021-2022, candidates must meet the following criteria;
- Applicants should hold an MSc degree in Bioinformatics/computer science/Biology with good results and,
- As criteria for the assessment of your qualifications emphasis will also be laid on previous publications (if any) and
- Relevant work experience and
- Good English skills
The benefits for University of Copenhagen PhD fellow in computational biology/computer science includes;
- Starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 333,464 (approx. €44,461)
- Including annual supplement (+ pension at a minimum DKK 54,191).
- The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
- Negotiation for salary supplement is possible
You May Also Apply: University of Copenhagen Vacant PhD scholarships in law 2021/2022
How-to-Apply: To be part of this fellowship, the application, in English, must be submitted electronically through online application form .
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Acceptance Letter for the relevant MSc Programme at SCIENCE, if any
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any)
- 1-3 reference letters (if any)
Reference letters must be uploaded by the applicant him/herself. The recruiting person must NOT obtain reference letters which content is not known to the applicant him/herself. This is against Danish law.
Application Deadline: June 2, 2021