Stockholm University PhD student in International Relations: The Department of Economic History and International Relations is offering the PhD student Scholarship in International Relations to international students applying to start in the next academic session.
The aim of the doctoral programme is to give the student specialised knowledge within the field of International Relations, a thorough training in research methods, and a good understanding of the problems occurring in research and in the practical application of results.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Stockholm University, Sweden
Scholarship Type: Full scholarship
Host Institution(s): Stockholm University, Sweden
Scholarship Worth: Salary
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International students
You May Also Apply: Sabanci University Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences Full Scholarship in Turkey 2021/2022
Stockholm University PhD student in International Relations | DETAILS
The scholarship programme familiarises the student with different structures of politics, economics and society, and gives a broad orientation of the research development within the subject, with the purpose of making the student a critical and independent researcher with the ability to plan and develop scientific projects and publications.
To be eligible for Stockholm University PhD student in International Relations in Sweden 2021-2022, candidates must meet the following criteria;
- Applicants must be international students.
- Candidate must have completed a second-cycle degree.
- Completed courses equivalent to at least 240 higher education credits, of which 60 credits must be in the second cycle, or have otherwise acquired equivalent knowledge in Sweden or elsewhere.
- Sufficient knowledge of English to be able to benefit from the third-cycle education.
- A completed first-cycle programme in international relations or an equivalent programme of at least 90 higher education credits, as well as a completed second-cycle programme in international relations or an equivalent programme of at least 30 credits, of which at least 15 credits (or equivalent) shall consist of independent thesis work at a second-cycle level (either 60 credit or 120 credit Master’s thesis).
- Independence in the analysis and planning of previous degree projects,
- Previously demonstrated ability to complete tasks within specified time limits,
- Ability to formulate areas of investigation and problems, both in previous projects and in the research plan for the planned thesis project,
- Degree of methodological and scientific maturity in previously performed work, and in the research plan,
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing.
Equally Apply: Deakin University International Scholarships, Australia 2021-2022
How-to-Apply: Apply for the PhD student position at Stockholm University’s recruitment system. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the advertisement, and that it is submitted before the deadline.
Please include the following information with your application
- Your contact details and personal data
- Your highest degree
- Your language skills
- Contact details for 2 references
and, in addition, please include the following documents
- Cover letter
- CV – degrees and other completed courses, work experience and a list of degree projects/theses
- Project proposal/Research proposal describing:
– why you are interested in the field/project described in the advertisement
– why and how you wish to address this research task
– what makes you suitable for the project in question
- Degree certificates and grades confirming that you meet the general and specific entry requirements (no more than 6 files)
- Degree projects/theses (no more than 3 files).
- Certificate in English corresponding to at least 550 credits on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). This criterion does not apply for students who have completed their education at a Swedish university, where English proficiency is a general eligibility requirement.
- The instructions for applicants are available at: How to apply for a position.
Application Deadline: June 10, 2021