Rhodes Trust offers scholarships in over 22 designated Rhodes constituencies. There are now two Rhodes Scholarships for West Africa each year awarded in conjunction with the Oxford-Morland-West Africa Graduate Scholarship
West Africa includes: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe and Togo.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Rhodes Trust
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): University of Oxford, UK
Scholarship Worth: Fees + £15,900 per annum stipend
Number of Awards: 2 scholarships per year.
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: West African States.
Also Check: Rhodes Global Scholarships to Study in UK 2021/2022
The Rhodes Scholarships for West Africa | DETAILS
There are now two Rhodes Scholarships for West Africa each year. The Scholarship for West Africa was announced in 2017 and the first Scholar arrived in October 2018. There had previously been Scholarships for certain countries within this grouping, including Nigeria and Ghana.
- Nationality/citizenship: You must be a citizen of one of the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe and Togo.
- Education/residency: You must have been resident in one or more of the countries listed above for at least five of the last ten years.
- Age: Upon 1 October 2021, you must be at least 18 and have not reached your 25th birthday (there are few exemptions depending on either your course of study or year of graduation)
- Academic achievement: You must have completed an undergraduate degree from a college or university (normally a Bachelor’s degree) with the highest classification your University awards, e.g. First Class Honours, or a Distinction in the case of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy courses.
- English language: You must have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements (at the Higher Level listed) of the University of Oxford.
- How-to-Apply: You can apply online from 01 June 2021 via the scholarships tab.
- You must submit your application online, with all supporting documents, by 23:59 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) on the application closing date
- Useful Links: Please Read Carefully;
- Information for Candidates – West Africa
- Guidance for Referees – West Africa
- Courses covered by the Rhodes Scholarship
Application Deadline: 15 September 2021.