Rhodes Scholarships for East Africa and Kenya: Applications are also welcome from eligible candidates from the East African states and Kenya for the Rhodes Scholarships for East Africa and Rhodes Scholarships for Kenya respectively.
Each year, there are two Scholarships available for Kenya; scholarships awarded in partnership between the Rhodes Trust and the Second Century Founder, John McCall MacBain O.C. There is also one Rhodes Scholarship for East Africa each year; East Africa covers Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and Burundi.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Rhodes Trust
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): University of Oxford, UK
Scholarship Worth: Fees + £15,900 per annum stipend
Number of Awards: Please see details section (below).
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: Kenya/ East Africa.
Also Check: Rhodes Global Scholarships to Study in UK 2021/2022
The Rhodes Scholarships for East Africa/Kenya | DETAILS
The Scholarship for East Africa was announced in 2018 and the first Scholar will arrive in October 2019. Kenyan citizens are not eligible for the Scholarship for East Africa but should strictly apply instead for the Scholarship for Kenya
- Nationality/citizenship: You must be a citizen of Burundi, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania or Uganda.
- Education/residency: You must have been resident in one or more of the countries listed above, or in Kenya, for at least five of the last ten years.
- Age: Upon 1 October 2021, you must meet either of the below criteria: i. You must be at least 18 and have not reached your 25th birthday (Age requirement varies depending on your course of study or condition of your graduation)
- Academic achievement: You must have completed (or will have completed by no later than July 2022) an undergraduate degree from a college or university (normally a Bachelor’s degree) to a sufficiently high standard to be admitted to postgraduate study at the University of Oxford. This would normally be the equivalent of a First Class, or a GPA of 3.7 or more. In this respect, please note carefully the requirements for your chosen course at Oxford.
- English Language requirement: You must have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements (at the Higher Level listed) of the University of Oxford: www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/applying-to-oxford/application-guide.
- How-to-Apply: You can apply online from 01 June 2021 via the scholarships tab.
- You must submit your application online, with all supporting documents, by 23:59 Eastern Africa Time, on the application closing date
- Useful Links: Please Read Carefully;
- Information for Candidates – East Africa
- Guidance for Referees – East Africa
- Courses covered by the Rhodes Scholarship
- Information page for Kenya Applicants
Application Deadline: 31 August 2021.