The Harvard Academy Scholars Program of Harvard University is open to all recent PhD recipients and doctoral candidates in the social sciences or law. The academy scholars stand a chance of full sponsorship and an annual stipend of $70,000 including other benefits.
The Academy Scholars Program identifies and supports outstanding scholars at the start of their careers whose work combines disciplinary excellence in the social sciences or law with a command of the language and history or culture of countries or regions outside of the United States or Canada.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Harvard University/Academy
Scholarship Type: Postgraduate Fellowships
Host Institution(s): Harvard University
Scholarship Worth: Up to $70,000 annual stipend + other benefits
Study Level: PhD and Postdocs
Number of Awards: 4 to 6 per year
Nationality: Any nationality
You May Like: Harvard University Environmental Fellows Program
Harvard Academy Scholars Program 2022-2023 | Eligibility Criteria
Applications are welcome from qualified persons without regard to nationality, gender, or race. Additionally;
- It is open only to recent PhD (or comparable professional school degree) recipients and doctoral candidates in the social sciences or law.
- Those still pursuing a PhD should have completed their routine training and be well along in the writing of their theses before applying to become Academy Scholars.
- If you have completed a PhD program, the PhD completion date must be within three years of the October 1 application deadline.
- For applicants applying for the October 1, 2021 deadline, you must have completed your PhD or equivalent after September 30, 2018.
- Postdoctoral Academy Scholars will receive an annual stipend of $70,000.
- If selected before earning the PhD, the Scholars will receive an annual stipend of$35,000 until awarded the PhD.
- The stipend is supplemented by funding for conference and research travel, research assistants, and health insurance coverage.
Also Check: ADAPTED PhD Positions for Early Career Researchers (15 Open ESR Positions)
How to Apply: Interested applicants can proceed to the online application. All application materials need to be submitted by the deadline of October 1. late applications will not be accepted. The completed application will include:
- Cover letter which succinctly states the applicant’s academic field, country or region of specialization, and proposed research topic
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resumé; including list of publications
- Research proposal (2500 word maximum); including intellectual objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work
- A copy of your PhD program transcript
- Three letters of recommendation (uploaded through the online application)
Letters should be addressed to the “Selection Committee.” Letters of recommendation need to be uploaded by the deadline.