Fully-funded Swansea University Medical Research PhD Scholarship: Swansea University Medical School is delighted to offer a fully funded joint PhD scholarship position in collaboration with Houston Methodist Research Institute (HMRI). This scholarship is sponsored by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).
The scholarship is available for international students with basic understanding of material sciences and material/bio interfaces in biomedical applications who wish to study at the University. The project aims to develop novel biomemetic drug-delivery approaches for gynaecological cancers.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Swansea University, UK
Scholarship Type: Fully-funded Scholarship
Host Institution(s): Swansea University, UK
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,609
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
You May Also Apply: Fully-funded Erasmus University Rotterdam Doctoral Scholarship Programme 2021-2022
Swansea University Medical Research PhD Scholarship | DETAILS
The successful candidate will benefit from multidisciplinary study both in Swansea and in the Texas Medical Center. This scholarship covers the full cost of UK tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,609. There will be additional funds available for research expenses. RBGO is a large and dynamic research team with a strong track record in research excellence and teaching. Working within the advanced therapeutics section of the group, nanoparticle and exosome mimetics provide an exciting and cutting-edge PhD opportunity. Working at the interface between drug delivery, material science and mechanism of action, the project will be supported by high tech instrumentation and laboratory approaches.
Interested applicants for fully-funded Swansea University Medical Research PhD Scholarship are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria.
- The award is open to any nationality.
- Candidates should hold a minimum of an upper second class (2:1) honours degree and/or an MSc (or its equivalent) in Molecular Biology, Biosciences, Biophysics, Biomedical, Biochemistry, Medical Engineering.
- The successful applicant will also have:
- Skills in molecular biology and tissue culture techniques;
- A multidisciplinary outlook with appreciation of the physical sciences;
- Basic understanding of material sciences and material/bio interfaces in biomedical applications;
- A keen interest in gynaecological cancers and drug delivery;
- Some experience in material fabrication and characterisation, or disease models, treatment and analysis.
- We would normally expect the academic and English Language requirements (IELTS 6.5 overall with 5.5+ in each component) to be met by point of application. For details on the University’s English Language entry requirements, please visit – http://www.swansea.ac.uk/admissions/english-language-requirements/.
Eligible applicants for Fully-funded Swansea University Medical Research PhD Scholarship in UK 2021-2022, will receive the following benefits;
- This scholarship covers the full cost of UK tuition fees and
- An annual stipend of £15,609.
- There will be additional funds available for research expenses.
- The successful candidate will benefit from multidisciplinary study both in Swansea and in the Texas Medical Center.
Also Apply: Full Tuition University of Helsinki International Scholarship in Finland 2021-2022
How-to-Apply: To apply for the Fully-funded Swansea University Medical Research PhD Scholarship in UK, please complete and submit the following documents to Dr Lewis Francis (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Research Scholarship Application Form 2021
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring Form_Ffurflen Monitro
- Covering letter outlining experience against skills/qualities required and motivation to pursue a PhD degree.
Informal enquiries are welcome, please contact Dr Lewis Francis (email@example.com).
Application Deadline: July 5, 2021
Visit the Official Website for Further Details