Duke – NUS Medical School Merit scholarships and Financial Aid Schemes: Duke-NUS Medical School is currently awarding scholarships and financial aid to international students due to the challenge of financing a medical education and strive to help the students tap on available resources to meet financial needs.
There are various types of merit scholarships available, externally and at Duke-NUS. Merit scholarships are generally awarded based on academic achievement and personal attributes such as meaningful involvement in community service or leadership experiences. Several scholarships are valid for 4 years and may be used for tuition fees, miscellaneous fees, living expenses as well as other fees associated with studying at Duke-NUS.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Duke-NUS Medical School, Singapore
Scholarship Type: Fee discount Scholarship
Host Institution(s): Duke-NUS Medical School, Singapore
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee up to S$ 10,000 – S$50,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate & Postgraduate
Nationality: International students
You May Also Apply: University of Western Australia Scholarships for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students 2021-2022
Duke – NUS Medical School Merit scholarships and Financial Aid Schemes | DETAILS
Depending on individual’s financial circumstances as well as academic performance, students may apply for any one or a combination of any three financing options available – tuition fee loan, bursary and merit scholarship.
- Goh Foundation Scholarships
Goh Foundation Scholarships have been made available for qualified Duke-NUS students (approximately 4 recipients per year), at an annual value of S$20,000. Candidates must be full-time local or international students at Duke-NUS who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievements. Preference may be given to those with demonstrated financial need. The scholarships are tenable for the full duration of studies, up to a maximum of 4 years.
- The Lee Foundation Scholarship
Each Lee Foundation Scholarship award is for S$20,000, and may vary where applicable. To meet the different needs of students at various points of their journey in learning and practicing Medicine, the Scholarship is a single year award that can be used for tuition fees, educational as well as living expenses.
- The Shaw Foundation Scholarship
The Shaw Foundation was established by philanthropist Tan Sri Dr. Runme Shaw in 1957 to provide funds that would help charitable endeavours in Singapore with their missions. Since inception, the foundation has contributed over US$150 million to a myriad of organizations. Through generous Shaw Foundation Scholarships, up to 6 select Duke-NUS students may receive an annual scholarship of between S$10,000 and S$50,000.
- Ngee Ann Kongsi Distinguished Scholars Programme
Ngee Ann Kongsi Distinguished Scholars Programme, Duke-NUS has been able to award up to 6 Scholarships annually to select students, with each scholarship at a value of between S$10,000 and S$50,000 per year. Recipients must be Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who are full-time students at Duke-NUS with demonstrated financial need and outstanding academic record. Subject to satisfactory academic performance throughout, the scholarships are tenable for the 4-year duration of the Doctor of Medicine (MD) program.
- Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple
Duke-NUS awards 1 scholarship each year under the Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple Scholarship Programme, with an annual value between S$10,000 and S$50,000. The scholarship is usually awarded to a second-year medical student.
Interested applicants are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for Duke – NUS Medical School Merit scholarships and Financial Aid Schemes in Singapore 2021-2022
- Applicants must be international student.
- Available for undergraduate and masters students.
- Applicants must have a high school certificate or equivalent for undergraduate program.
- Candidates must have a first degree certificate or equivalent for masters program.
- Awarded based on academic achievement and personal attributes such as meaningful involvement in community service or leadership experiences.
- Candidates must be enrolled in full-time Doctor of Medicine-Doctor of Philosophy.
Also Apply: University of Copenhagen PhD fellow in computational biology/computer science in Denmark 2021-2022
- How-to-Apply: To be considered for a merit scholarship at Duke-NUS, interested applicants must submit a financial aid application within 28 calendar days after attending the admission interview on Applicant Day.
- Scholarship recipients are selected by the School’s Scholarship Selection Committee and only successful applicants will be informed of their award
- Application Deadline: August 6, 2021
Visit the official Website for Further Details