WACWISA Masters and PhD Scholarships: The West African Centre for Water, Irrigation and Sustainable Agriculture (WACWISA) is pleased to announce the 2021/22 WACWISA Masters and PhD Scholarships for promising African students.
The Scholarship Award Scheme (SAS) is provided by the Government of Ghana and the World Bank to support promising African students to pursue a career in Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, and Environmental Management and Sustainability at the postgraduate level.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Ghana and the World Bank
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): University for Development Studies, Ghana
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (MSc and PhD)
Apply for: YEEP Scholarship/Mentorship/Funding Program 2021 for Young Africans
WACWISA Masters and PhD Scholarships | Eligibility Criteria
To be able eligible to apply for the WACWISA Masters and PhD Scholarships 2021/2022, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be nationals of an African country.
- Candidates for the PhD programme must have completed relevant bachelor’s degree and master’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Candidates for the master’s programme must have completed relevant bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency as the programme training language is solely in English.
- Possess practical field training/experience in irrigation and drainage or Environmental Management and Sustainability related activities.
- Must be less than 35 years for the masters programme and less than 40 years for the PhD programme.
- Provide a copy of Identity Card (ID) or Bio-data page of National Passport
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly stipend to cover accommodation, living expenses, health insurance and other personal incidentals
- Research costs
- International placement/mobility costs
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants for the WACWISA Masters and PhD Scholarships 2021/22 are to apply for the Masters/Doctor of Philosophy programme in Irrigation and Drainage Engineering at the University for Development Studies.
Applicants are to submit full complement of documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com with a subject line “WACWISA Masters and PhD Scholarships”. All applicants must also submit applications for admission into the relevant programme at the University for Development Studies, Tamale-Ghana available at www.uds.edu.gh
See Also: Wits-TUB-UNILAG Urban Lab PhD Scholarships for Africans 2021/2022
- Applicants are to submit an official/certified academic transcript.
- A certified copy of academic certificates, with official English translation provided where necessary.
- Two-page statement of motivation outlining their fitness for the study programme and benefit of the training to their home country and Africa in general.
- Masters applicants must submit a 3-page and PhD 5-page maximum research proposal which shall contain a research topic, background, problem statement and justification, objectives, materials and methods and expected results.
- Two (2) academic letters of reference and one (1) professional letter of reference.
- Provide a detailed curriculum vitae (CV)- maximum two (2) pages.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021