TWAS-SISSA-Lincei Research Cooperation Programme: Young scientists from least developed countries who hold an MSc (or higher degree) can visit research Laboratories at Centres of Excellence in Trieste, Italy, for three months to carry out collaborative research projects in wide range of fields.
The programme is to enhance the research capacity of promising scientists, especially those at the beginning of their research career. It is also believed that the programme will catalyse the formation of research links for further collaboration.
TWAS-SISSA-Lincei Research Cooperation Programme | DETAILS
TWAS in collaboration with the Lincei Academy ad SISSA is pleased to offer young scientists from least developed countries the platform to visit research laboratories at Centres of Excellence in Trieste, Italy. Research proposals for the programme must fall under the thematic area of sustainability science and thus be relevant to areas that support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation and the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation, through TWAS, will cover travel expenses and provide subsistence costs for the stay in Italy. The administration and financial operation of TWAS is undertaken by UNESCO in accordance with an agreement signed by the two organizations.
Apply for: TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Fellowship for Scientists from Developing Countries
Applicants who are interested in applying for the TWAS-SISSA-Lincei Research Cooperation Programme 2021/2022 are to meet the following requirements:
- Must be a maximum age of 40 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Must hold an MSc (or higher degree).
- Must be nationals of a Least Developed Country as defined by the United Nations.
- Must hold a research position in a Least Developed Country.
- Particular attention will be given to research projects that fall under the umbrella of sustainability science.
- Women scientists are especially encouraged to apply.
- Only applicants in the scientific fields specified in the application form will be considered.
How-to-Apply: Eligible and interested applicants for the programme are to complete their application in English and submit the completed application form duly signed and send it be email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed application form
- Copy of passport
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of scientific interests and future plans for research in sustainability sciences in the home country.
- Full lists of publications.
- Copy of the MSc or higher certificate
- Recent invitation letter obtained through one of the eligible host laboratories.
- Recent letters of recommendation, which must be submitted separately to TWAS by two referees who are familiar with the applicant’s work.
See Also: TWAS-Seed Grant for New African Principal Investigators (SG-NAPI) [USD 67,700 Funding Available]
- International School for Advanced Studies-SISSA
- International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology-ICGEB
- National Institute for Nuclear Physics- INFN
- National Institute of Oceanography and Applied Geophysic-OGS
- Materials Foundry-National Research Council. – IOM-CNR
Application Deadline: 10 August 2021
Visit the Official Website for Further Details