PTDF Scholarship 2021/22: The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is pleased to announce the PTDF Scholarship 2021/22 for Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Masters and PhD) students in Nigerian Federal Universities.
PTDF is the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas sector of the Nigerian economy.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Petroleum Technology Development Fund
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Nigerian Federal Universities
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate (MSc and PhD)
Recommended: WACWISA Masters and PhD Scholarships 2021/22 for Africans
PTDF Scholarship 2021/22 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the PTDF Scholarship 2021/22 for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students in Nigerian Federal Universities, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate applicants must have completed their first year and are currently in their second year of studies.
- Must possess a National Identity Number (NIN) and will be required to verify their NIN via the portal before proceeding with the application.
- Applicants must be students of Federal Universities and for specific courses
- Must possess valid admission letter into the University.
- Postgraduate applicants who meet the requirements shall be shortlisted for interviews before final selection of successful candidates.
Applicants are to note the following:
- A selection panel will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria.
- Academic merit as evidenced by quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired and relevant publications to be referenced by applicants.
- Membership of professional bodies.
- The viability of the study/research plan (PhD applicants only)
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate (MSC) applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose stating the reason(s) they wish to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the industry and its expected impact on national development.
- While PhD applicants are required to submit a research proposal of not more than 6 pages to include topic, introduction, literature review, research question(s), novelty, methodology, mode of data collection(s), expected outcome(s), relevance to the industry and appropriate references.
- Only undergraduate applicants undertaking studies in oil and gas related fields (as advertised) will be considered and the final selection shall be based on grades on their transcripts (transcripts must be signed and stamped by HOD/Exams Officer or any authorized staff).
Apply for: MIPLC/DAAD Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the PTDF 2021/22 In-Country Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate are to apply online before the application deadline as late applications will not be considered.
Application Deadline: August 13, 2021
Visit the Official Website for Further Details