The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI) is pleased to invite applications from suitably qualified female candidates for the fourth round of the AIMS-NEI Fellowships for Women in Climate Change Science.
The AIMS-NEI Fellowship for women in Climate Change Science program seeks to increase women’s participation in, and contribution to, to a more sustainable societal response to climate change.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): African Institute for Mathematical Sciences/ Next Einstein Initiative
Host Institution(s): African Institute for Mathematical Sciences Research
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Not specified
Duration: Not specified
Nationality: All nationalities
Recommended: Chatham House/Mo Ibrahim Foundation Academy Fellowship 2021/2022 for Africans
AIMS-NEI Fellowships for Women in Climate Change Science | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the AIMS-NEI Fellowships for Women in Climate Change Science 2021 interested candidates are to meet the following requirements:
- Be a female applicant
- Be in possession of a doctoral degree in a quantitative discipline.
- Currently employed on either a permanent or temporary basis, in a non-profit work environment, including government.
- Must be actively engaged in research, policy, and/or practice relevant to climate change modelling, mitigation, adaptation, and/or resilience among others.
- The lead and/or senior author of at least one referred publication on a topic relevant to climate change modelling, the causative factors of climate change, climate change mitigation, adaptation, and/or resilience etc.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the AIMS-NEI Fellowships for Women in Climate Change Science 2021 are to complete an online application form and submit on or before the deadline with the following documents attached:
- A completed personal details form, including a detailed budget for all non-project-related activities.
- A completed project proposal form, including a detailed budget for all project-related activities.
- A curriculum vitae
- An electronic copy of a representative publication in climate change modelling, its causes, climate change mitigation, adaptation and/or resilience in which the applicant is the lead and/or senior author.
Apply for: African Research Initiative for Scientific Excellence Programme 2021
Supporting documents should be saved as a pdf in the format: “name of the research program_type of_document_ AIMSentity/centre_monthyear of applying_first and last name of applicant.” For instance, “MS4CR fellowship_application form_AIMS-NEI_July2021_SarahJake”.
Applicants should request that three confidential letters of support be emailed to email@example.com by the application deadline. Two of these letters should come from the applicant’s immediate supervisor at her home institution and the named collaborator at her proposed host institution. At least one letter should come from a referee who is qualified to assess the applicant’s experience in climate change research, practice, and/or policy
Application Deadline: 31st July 2021 at 23:59 CAT