African Research Initiative for Scientific Excellence Programme: Applications are invited from talented early-career scientist who has already produced excellent work output for the African Research Initiative for Scientific Excellence Programme 2021.
The programme provides the opportunity for researchers to further develop their research career and become a principal researcher leading their own grant. The maximum grant amount per grantee is a lump sum of EUR 500,000 for a period not exceeding 60 months.
African Research Initiative for Scientific Excellence Programme | DETAILS
The African Academy of Sciences (AAS) is a non-aligned, non-political, not-for-profit pan African organisation with the vision to transform lives on the African continent through science. The African Research Initiative for Scientific Excellence Programme seeks to award grants to Africans for the development of their research career and to proffer solution to the challenges facing the African continent on priority areas of the AU-EU High Level Policy Dialogue on Science Technology and Innovation (Public Health, Green Transition, Innovation and Technology, Capacities for science).
Apply for: Step Up Young Health Global Grants Programme for Innovative Health Projects
- Must be an African researcher who are African nationals with 2-7 years of research experience since completion of their PhD.
- Must possess a scientific track record showing great promise, and an excellent research proposal to conduct excellent research in an African university or research institution.
- Open to applicants from all fields of research.
- Research must be conducted at an eligible university or research institution located in one of the African Union member states. The host institution must be a legal entity and a leading African institution able to provide an excellent research environment and facilities that match the requirements of the proposed research project.
- Application must be submitted by the lead Principal Investigator in collaboration with, and on behalf of, their African Host Institution.
See Also: TWAS-SISSA-Lincei Research Cooperation Programme 2021/2022 for Young Scientists
How-to-Apply: Interested candidates for the African Research Initiative for Scientific Excellence Programme 2021 grant are to submit their proposals and supporting documents in English through the AAS Grants Management System (Ishango).
Applicants should note that successful Expressions of Interest will be invited to submit full applications between September and October 2021.
Application Deadline: 30th July 2021 at 17.00 EAT.