Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships 2022-2023 batch is announced and for it, the online applications are being accepted. Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships is a program of scholarships offered by the Scottish Government in collaboration with Scottish universities in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare, and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy.
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships are an incredible opportunity to study in a country with world-leading universities and a long tradition of academic excellence. Our chosen scholars are people who aspire to become influential leaders in their future careers. They have wide-ranging interests outside their studies and a desire to broaden their personal and academic experience in Scotland.
Scholarships are available to citizens of the following countries: Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan, and the USA.
Benefits of Saltire Scholarships:
- The Saltire Scholarships offers up to 50 awards, each worth £8000, towards tuition fees for any one year of full-time study on a postgraduate Master’s program at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
- Saltire Scholars will also have the opportunity to take part in a program of activities over and above their studies, including dialogue with the academic and business community in Scotland.
- As one of our Saltire Scholars, you’ll act as an ambassador not only for the Saltire Scholarships program but also for Scotland.
- Any additional costs and expenses are the responsibility of the student.
Eligible Courses for Scotland Saltire Scholarships:
The course must be a postgraduate Masters level course in one of the following subject areas:
- Creative industries
- Healthcare and medical sciences
- Renewable and clean energy
Saltire Scholarships Applications Eligibility Criteria:
In order to be eligible for a Saltire Scholarship, candidates must:
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course that will be delivered physically in Scotland or via distance online learning or via a combination of both.
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan, or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland (where this is applicable) and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
Documents Required for Saltire Scholarships:
You must submit these supporting documents with your Scotland Scholarship application:
- Copies of the undergraduate certificates
- Copy of all educational documents
- Intent Letter for Scholarship Application
- Scholarship Application Resume
- Letter of Motivation explaining the motive to apply for the Saltire scholarships
- Research Proposal
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Study Plan Essay
- A copy of a valid passport for at least one year
- Recommendation letters should be by at least two professors from the previous institute.
- English Language Certifications
Application Procedure For Saltire Scholarships:
You should complete the application form on these web pages, making sure to include the unique reference number you will have received in the offer letter from your Scottish university. Before you apply for a postgraduate degree in Scotland you need to make sure that you meet the entrance requirements of your chosen degree.
- From the official website (Link given at the end), fill out the Saltire Scholarship Application Form.
- Fill out the mandatory sections of the application forms.
- Attach all the required documents with the application form.
- Universities set their own deadlines for Scottish Scholarship application Submissions; so check the closing dates for applications with the institutions you wish to apply to.
Deadline for Saltire Scholarships:
The candidates are requested to complete a Scottish Saltire Scholarship application form and submit it by the closing date of 28 May 2022.