|Applications close||9 July 2021|
|Payment per year||$28,597 (2021 rate)|
|Duration||Up to 3 years for a PhD, up to 2 years for a Masters|
|Type of Scholarship||AcademicFinancial NeedStudents with Disabilities|
|Available In||All Faculties|
The University of Adelaide offers a number of Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships to outstanding international graduates from any country to commence their education via a Masters or Doctorate degree by research.
Information and application dates here apply to international students only. Please refer to the separate entry for information about Research Training Program Stipends for domestic students and Research Training Program Stipends for Indigenous students.
Detailed information about eligibility criteria, stipend and allowances, and scholarship conditions can be found in the Conditions of Award.
- RTP Scholarships (students who commence in 2021 onward)
- RTP Scholarships (students who commenced prior to 31 December 2020)
- Research Training Program Fee Offset: Provides a fee offset scholarship which covers the cost of tuition fees as a higher degree by research student of the University of Adelaide for the standard duration of the academic program (Research Master: up to 2 years; Doctor of Philosophy: up to 4 years). Any gap between the RTP Fee Offset and the Tuition Fees charged is waived by The University of Adelaide for the standard duration of the academic program.
- Research Training Program Stipend: Provides a living allowance of AUD28,597 per annum (2021 rate, indexed annually) for up to 2 years for a Research Master degree, and up to 3 years (with a possible 6 month extension) for a Doctor of Philosophy. It is likely to be tax exempt, subject to Taxation Office approval.
- Research Training Program Allowance: Provides financial support for an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), plus relocation and publication expenses.
Adelaide Graduate Centre via firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for ‘Admission and a Scholarship’ must be submitted using the Online Application Form.
Applications for the 2022 Major International Scholarship Round close on 9 July 2021.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their scholarship application by the end of October 2021.
- Recipients must commence their research program in semester 1, 2022.
- Applicants are expected to commence studies as soon as possible in the approved semester.
Dates for future application rounds are not yet known. More information will be made available on this page as soon as dates are confirmed.
The University Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship policy is available on the University Policy website.Documents Conditions_Research_NewStudents_from2021_June 2021_1.pdf