Masters Degree/Research Project
Deadline: 13 April/24 Aug 2021
Study in: any country/developing country
Course starts 2021/22
The Wellcome International Master’s Fellowships offer nationals of low- and middle-income countries the opportunity to receive training at Master’s degree level.
Level/Field of study:
Masters Degree Programme in a subject related to Health offered at any University around the world.
The research project can be undertaken at an eligible organisation and should be within the Trust’s science remit and focus on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country.
Number of Awards:
Nationals of a low- or middle-income country
The fellowship is worth £120,000 including salary, studentship stipend, fees and research expenses. The fellowship is normally for 30 months (12 months taught Master’s course and 18 months research project).
You can apply for a Master’s Fellowship in Public Health and Tropical Medicine if you:
• are a national of a low- or middle-income country
• your proposed research focuses on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country
• you have sponsorship from an eligible host organisation in a low- or middle-income country apart from mainland China.
You must also:
• hold a clinical or non-clinical undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
• be at an early stage in your career with limited research experience (but you must have demonstrated interest in, or aptitude for, research).
You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT). Applications are considered twice a year. The deadline for the next application rounds are 13 April 2021 and 24 August 2021. These are the last rounds of funding.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/international-masters-fellowships